This is a page from my Guidebook.
Everything there is to know about this blog. What is its purpose, how does it work, how do I create it… that sort of stuff.
Discovery • Reflection • Efficacy
Those three words describe my practice—the journey of my whole life. As a part of my practice, this blog has a specific purpose: It’s a vehicle for my process of reflection.
7 for Sunday
A weekly serving of 7 things for you to savor
On Sundays I send a free email containing my reflections on interesting things I find laying about seasoned with some quotes from my collection. No hooks, no affiliate links, no guest posts— Here’s what to expect. Like? Sign up.
The idea of repetition and stasis are a fool’s errand. We are changed from one day to the next, one moment, one breath. Acknowledge that you are moving and the question then is speed not whether, and Plato says not to discourage yourself over that. Thank you for a Sunday morning reflection.
Site Features and Nuance
If you're simply browsing, (again, welcome! :) take a look at the list of recent posts.
Where are the ads, the side bars of widgets, the sharing controls, the attention grabbing baubles?! I'm glad you noticed. My choice of site design is intentional; it's my way of demonstrating my respect for your time, Dear Reader.
To help you get around, I'll mention…
- There is a search in the ≡ menu at the top.
- Be sure you've seen the Guidebook.
- There are a lot of tags. But you can see all the interesting tags on one page.
- A large number of my posts are "threaded" together into series. You'll notice this if you land on such a post; it will have links to follow the series, in addition to the usual links to move in date-posted order. There is also a page listing all the series.
- There's a surprising [to me] amount of photography here. The best-of-the-best are shown on the Featured Photography page.
- You can also jump to a random post.
- If you've read this far, you probably want to also read the posts tagged "meta."