Discovery • Reflection • Efficacy
Those three words describe my practice—the journey of my whole life. As a part of my practice, this blog has a specific purpose: It’s a vehicle for my process of reflection.
I wanted three words that reflect my practice in terms of its essentials, but which could also help others find their personal path to success. The words had to capture the ideas of action and thinking, doing and learning. They had to wrap up my process and philosophy in a way that captures who I am and provides value to others. I think that discovery and reflection applied iteratively, building on previous knowledge and success leads to continued growth. Repeated experience with success and growth leads to a recognition of efficacy where you understand that you have potential to be successful in almost anything.
Subscribe via email
I have a free weekly email of the new posts to this site. It comes out on Sundays and contains my reflections on interesting things I find laying about. There are no hooks, no affiliate links, and no guest posts— Here’s what to expect. Like? Sign up.
The idea of repetition and stasis are a fool’s errand. We are changed from one day to the next, one moment, one breath. Acknowledge that you are moving and the question then is speed not whether, and Plato says not to discourage yourself over that. Thank you for a Sunday morning reflection.
If you're simply browsing, (again, welcome! :) take a look at the list of recent posts.
Where are the ads, the side bars of widgets, the sharing controls, the attention grabbing baubles?! I'm glad you noticed. My choice of site design is intentional; it's my way of demonstrating my respect for your time, Dear Reader.
To help you get around, I'll mention…
- There is a search in the ≡ menu at the top.
- Posts have tags at the bottom.
- There are a lot of tags. But you can see all the interesting tags on one page.
- A large number of my posts are "threaded" together into series. You'll notice this if you land on such a post; it will have links to follow the series, in addition to the usual links to move in date-posted order. There is also a page listing all the series.
- There's a surprising [to me] amount of photography here. The best-of-the-best are shown on the Featured Photography page.
- You can also jump to a random post.
- If you want to learn more about me, head to the About page.