(Part 45 of 69 in ~ My Journey)
I’ve recently started thinking about 2016 goals. These aren’t “New Year’s Resolutions”; When I pick up a goal, it’s only after a lot of thinking and planning. Most importantly, I only commit if I believe the result of reaching the goal is worth it.
I’m considering things like the following:
- Hip/ankle flexibility: Achieve being able to sit, relaxed in a full squat. (I’ve been working on this for 3 months already.)
- Reach a lower weight; I’m thinking 210 is probably a good goal for about 6 months out. (Currently about 223.)
- Run 10 minute miles; Maybe run a 5K in 30 minutes in October. (I think this would be pretty easy if I was 210.)
…and then a bunch of non-physical training things:
- Become fluent in French. (A big challenge!)
- Develop a solid writing habit.
- Develop a solid reading habit. (I already read a lot; It’s consistently finding/making the time.)