Here’s how I do things.
- I have a book that has 2,000 pages. (Curiously, it is exactly 2,000 pages.)
- Life is finite, (and probably also “short.”)
- It’s unlikely I can get through it front-to-back; I’d like to read as many pages as I can.
- I’m a systems guy; I want to figure something out once and then never think about that same problem again.
- I have a personal task management system; It can easily remind me to do things however I’d prefer.
I WISH, that I had an easy way to get a random page number. This strikes me as very easy to build. Therefore, because it is easy, because Internet, and because humans are awesome…
THEN, such a thing must already exist.
QED (Quite easily done, yes; But, no.)
All that remains is to skim their simple API docs, and then type this simple URL: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=1&max=2000&base=10&format=html&col=1
This enables me to create a repeating task which has that URL. I click the link, and flip to that page. You’re thinking, “holy shit no.” And I’m thinking, “tiny building blocks, well placed, get shit done.”